BEST DRESSED WEDDING GUEST
I lovvvvvve weddings. Gushy love, champagne, cake, tulle, the opportunity for me lead the thriller dance and encouragement to dress up - what else could you ask for? Wedding season is here, and you're likely getting carpal tunnel from all the RSVPs you've been filling out. So, what will you wear? While I love perusing the online shops for my next nuptials look, not everyone shares that sentiment. A few rules I live by:
- NO CUT-OUTS. I know these are trendy and cute right now, but it's a wedding people. No one needs to see your midriff. Keep it classy.
- Do not, I repeat DO NOT wear white. Or ivory, or cream or even a too-light blush/nude color. It's the bride's day, not yours. Trust me, I know. A few years back I wore a blush floor-length skirt and was mistaken for the bride. It was not a fun moment.
- Step out of your comfort zone. Weddings are a great opportunity to wear something you might not normally. For me, that means a floral print or a bright color. Try hot pink or lilac!
- Please don't carry your everyday, large purse or tote. This drives me crazy! Invest in a nice clutch in black or nude. It will go with everything and you can use it again and again.
- If you're like me and prefer wearing your wedding look one time, check out Rent the Runway. It's an online store that allows you to rent designer dresses for wayyyyyy less $$$. Due to some pesky baby weight, I am not at my normal size and will be renting this summer. And don't worry - they allow you to order a backup size.
If you're not into renting, there are plenty of adorable options. Below are some of my favorite dresses for wedding season.