WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
White chicken chili is somewhat new to me, but I FRIGGIN love it. This one is a bit spicy and has a lot of steps, but it's 100% worth it. Thank you for the amazing recipe, Cookie Rookie! I made some modifications to make it more Allie-friendly, but my family and friends just went nutso over this.
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces) great northern white beans, fully drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 3 cans (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
In a 6 qt. dutch oven or stock pot, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil and lime juice over medium high heat. Cook until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
Add in the cooked chicken, chicken broth, beans, chiles, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until it's the thickness you desire. Stir occasionally. I let mine simmer for a full hour to let all the flavors blend fully and to get a nice thickness.
Turn off the heat and stir in the cubed cream cheese. Stir constantly until the cream cheese melts and incorporates completely. Stir in the heavy cream.